Cisco 9800 Rockstar - Remote Office
Welcome to the 3rd professional-level course in the Cisco 9800 Rockstar series, this time focusing on Remote office solutions powered by FLEX Connect deployments and Embedded Wireless Controller (EWC) options of the 9800 platform. This course is designed to expand the knowledge gained from the Cisco 9800 Rockstar course, and focus on technologies, configurations, and best practices for growing enterprise deployments to remote offices and enterprise branch locations.
Course Status: Pre-Order - Release ETA. March 25th, 2022.
Course Author: Dave Benham @baldwifiguy (CCIEW/CWNE)
- What is FlexConnect, and how does it differ from Local Mode APs on the 9800?
- FlexConnect Design Considerations
- Configuring APs for FlexConnect
- Manually configuring an AP for FlexConnect
- Configuring the 9800-CL to automatically convert APs to FlexConnect at FlexConnect sites
- Configuring Switch Ports for FlexConnect
- Configuring Tags and Policies for FlexConnect
- Centralizing Traffic for Certain SSIDs (Guest, etc.)
- What is an EWC AP, and how does it differ from a regular AP?
- EWC Design Considerations
- Converting an AP to EWC Mode
- Configuring an AP in EWC Mode
- Joining other APs to the EWC AP
- Storing AP images on a separate TFTP server
- Redundancy (Primary and Secondary EWC APs)
- Software Upgrades
- Converting an EWC AP back to a regular AP
* This course is included in our new All Access Pass!
Learn on-demand with WiFi Training / Active Expert
Digital Courses from Wi-Fi Training are designed to provide learners with very valuable and detailed information on a topic, concept, or product in an accelerated format. Due to their accelerated learning style, and each lesson being an avg of 20 minutes concepts are easy to digest and come back to if ever needed.
There is NO filler content in either Digital Courses or our new Micro Course product line, only relevant detailed material designed to help you gain/refresh skills to set yourself apart.
Active Expert / WiFi Training has digital courses for all skill levels on a range of products, skills, and topics from several vendors and dozens of technologies. Each digital course around “Technical Skills” is written and Recorded by only well-known Expert Instructors. We know every video course vendor says their instructors are experts, but when we say it we mean it. Before instructors can teach with Active Expert, they have to be not only certified at the expert level but prove over a decade of real-world field experience working with that technology.
About Active Expert / WiFi Training
Active Expert / WiFi Training is a global provider of IT Training, Development, and consulting services. We provide Instructor-Led, Authorized Training from companies like Cisco Systems, CWNP, EC-Council, and offer original content as well. Micro courses are part of our on-demand digital learning product line and are available at https://store.wifitraining.com